Former Bibb BOE Police Chief Candidate Fired in Ark. | Schools
A former candidate for Bibb County campus police chief was fired from the Pine Bluff (Ark.) Police Department after a new mayor took office, 13WMAZ's sister station KTHV reports.
Brenda Davis-Jones was once the head of the Fort Valley State University Police, and this summer was considered for the Bibb County Schools campus police chief position.
However, last August, 13WMAZ reported that Bibb County school Supt. Romain Dallemand emailed school board members during the hiring process to say that he no longer wanted to hire Davis-Jones as "a result of issues that have surfaced over the past week."
The former chief's two-and-a-half-year tenure in Pine Bluff, Ark. had its share of controversy, including a no-confidence vote from her own officers last March.
In May of 2011, the department admitted it made mistakes regarding new developments in the 20-year murder case of Cleashindra Hall, KTHV reports.
Upcoming Events near Peach-Crawford
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.
- New Houston Co. Schools Opening
- UPDATE: Equipment outside of Perdue plant catches fire