Crawford Magistrate Judge Charged with Theft | News
A Crawford County magistrate judge has been arrested and charged with theft and violating her oath of office.
Andrea Peterman was booked into jail just before 4 p.m. Monday. According to the Crawford County Sheriff's office, she's charged with fiduciary theft and violation of oath by a public officer.
Rodney Wall, spokesman for Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Perry office, says Peterman is suspected of stealing fees and fines from the magistrate judge's office funds, but he would not say how much.
Wall says they're still investigating.
Upcoming Events near Peach-Crawford
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trash Making Money, Power
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.