Peach Woman Dies After Jumping From Moving Car | News
A Peach County woman died Wednesday when she jumped from a moving car.
Peach County Coroner Kerry Rooks says 52 year old Julie Davis jumped out of a car that was slowing to make a left-hand turn onto Matthews Road from Fullwood road east of Fort Valley.
Rooks says Davis apparently landed on her head when she jumped from the car and died from those injuries.
The accident happened about 8 a.m. Wednesday, and Davis was taken to the Medical Center of Central Georgia, where she was pronounced dead at 9:15 a.m.
After a brief investigation, Rooks said the death was ruled accidental.
Upcoming Events near Peach-Crawford
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.
- New Houston Co. Schools Opening
- UPDATE: Equipment outside of Perdue plant catches fire