Company Recalls Generic Lipitor Doses | News
Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals is recalling several doses of its generic version of Lipitor because some batches of the cholesterol fighter may contain small glass particles.
The generic drugmaker's website says it is recalling 10-, 20- and 40-milligram doses of atorvastatin calcium tablets. The recall is tied to certain lot numbers of the drug. It is not tied to an 80-milligram version of the tablets.
Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals is a subsidiary of Indian drugmaker Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.
Lipitor was the world's top-selling drug until it lost patent protection nearly a year ago. Ranbaxy is one of several companies selling generic versions of the drug.
Upcoming Events near Peach-Crawford
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trash Making Money, Power
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.