Fort Valley Man Accused of Beating A Man To Death Pleads Not Guilty | News
Robert Gill, Jr., the Fort Valley man being accused beating another man to death with a piece of wood, has pleaded not guilty to killing 41-year-old Terry Carson on Wednesday afternoon.
Prosecutors say the two met up to fight out their differences, and Carson died two days later from his injuries.
Judge Katherine Lumsden presided over the arraignment, where District Attorney George Hartwig read the charges against Gill that included malice murder, felony murder, and aggravated assault.
Nick White, Robert Gill's defense attorney said that his client acted in self-defense.
No trial has set a date yet.
Upcoming Events near Peach-Crawford
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trash Making Money, Power
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.