Crawford Couple Charged With Poisoning Dogs | News
A Crawford County couple is charged with poisoning another family's dogs.
A news release from the Crawford County sheriff says 47-year-old Lisa Lynn Meeks and 48-year-old Donald F. Meeks of Knoxville are each charged with four counts of aggravated cruelty to animals.
They reported that the dogs had eaten raw chicken, hot dogs and dog food left on their property.
Deputies told them they believed that the poison may have been put there by hunters who may have wanted the nine dogs gone.
The sheriff's department reports the Meeks were arrested Thursday and they posted $5,000 bond each before a magistrate judge.
The news release does not describe the Meeks' alleged motive, and Sheriff Lewis Walker could not be reached for comment.
The couple live about six miles from Archibald and Wammock's Bentley Road home.
Upcoming Events near Peach-Crawford
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trash Making Money, Power
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.