Roberta's police chief reportedly involved in city hall fight | News
The GBI has been asked to investigate a reported fight between Roberta's police chief and the husband of the mayor.
That's according to a news release from Crawford County Sheriff Lewis Walker.
He says it happened around 10:45 a.m. last Friday at Roberta City Hall.
The fight reportedly involved Chief Benjamin Thomas and Jack Smith, age 68. He is the husband of Mayor Becky Smith.
Walker would not comment on what caused the fight.
He said his deputies were called to the scene and he decided to ask the GBI's Perry office to investigate.
We could not reach Rodney Wall, special agent in charge of the Perry office, for comment.
Upcoming Events near Peach-Crawford
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.
- New Houston Co. Schools Opening
- UPDATE: Equipment outside of Perdue plant catches fire