Brother, sister charged with cruelty to children by negligence | News
A pair of Crawford County siblings have been charged with cruelty to children by negligence after deputies responded to a dog bite call in Musella on Nov. 27.
When deputies arrived at the home, they found a man holding a naked 3-year-old child at the end of their driveway, according to a news release.
Sheriff Lewis Walker told 13WMAZ they're still reviewing the facts with prosecutors and investigators. He declined to describe the boy's injuries or what he thinks happened.
"It doesn't appear that he was bitten by the dog. We believe he may have fell and caused head injuries," Walker says.
The child had visible injuries and was taken to the hospital by ambulance.
Mark and Sarah Fogleman, brother and sister, were arrested and charged with cruelty to children by negligence in the second degree.
Currently, the child is DFCS' care.
They've been released on a $25K bond.
Upcoming Events near Peach-Crawford
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trash Making Money, Power
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.