Deer Hunting Archery Season Opens Saturday | News
ATLANTA (AP) - Georgia Department of Natural Resources officials say deer hunting season will open at the end of the week.
Officials say deer hunting season officially begins Sept. 14. Department spokeswoman Melissa Cumming says last year, more than 113,500 archers harvested nearly 60,200 deer. The hunting season ends in January.
Chief of Game Management John Bowers says heavy rain this spring and summer led to more natural foods, which should translate to an increase in deer quality.
Cummings says many public hunting grounds offer specialty hunts, including primitive weapons, adult and child hunts and ladies only hunts.
Cummings says hunters are allowed to harvest a maximum of 10 antlerless deer and two deer with antlers per season.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Peach-Crawford
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.
- New Houston Co. Schools Opening
- UPDATE: Equipment outside of Perdue plant catches fire