Peach County 'Tops Off' New Hospital | Health
Community and medical leaders gathered in Byron for the "topping off" ceremony for its new Peach County Regional Medical Center.
It was called "topping off" because the last pieces of the frame of the building were now finished, although construction will not be complete until next summer, when officials hope to open the new facility.
Don Faulk, CEO of the Medical Center of Central Georgia, said getting a hospital in the area has been years in the making, and that the topping-off was a culmination of hard work.
He said that people had wanted a newer medical center for great care in the Peach County area for a long time.
The hospital is a joint project of the Medical Center of Central Georgia and Peach County Regional Medical Center.
People signed the last piece of steel before a crane raised it into place. Speakers at the event said it will not only bring medical jobs to the area, but also provide better medical care for people in the Byron area.
Upcoming Events near Peach-Crawford
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.
- New Houston Co. Schools Opening
- UPDATE: Equipment outside of Perdue plant catches fire