Peach County jobless rate reaches 6.1 percent | Business
Unemployment in Central Georgia has declined again since March.
According to a release, the Central Georgia area's jobless rate fell to 7 percent in April, down from March's 7.3 percent.
Peach County's unemployment rate in April was 8.9 percent. Crawford County's jobless rate was 6.5 percent.
A year ago in April 2013, Central Georgia's regional jobless rate reached 8.3 percent.
Upcoming Events near Peach-Crawford
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.
- New Houston Co. Schools Opening
- UPDATE: Equipment outside of Perdue plant catches fire