Peach County unemployment rate hits 9.4 percent | Business
Peach County's unemployment rate hit 9.4 percent in January, above Central Georgia's regional average of 7.7 percent and Crawford County's 7.3 percent.
In January 2013, one year ago, the unemployment rate was 9.3 percent in Central Georgia, according to a release.
Central Georgia's regional unemployment estimation from the Georgia Department of Labor includes Baldwin, Bibb, Crawford, Houston, Jones, Monroe, Pulaski, Putnam, Twiggs and Wilkinson counties.
Upcoming Events near Peach-Crawford
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trash Making Money, Power
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.