Students Invited to FVSU for 4-H Field Day, Football Game | Arts & Culture
Fort Valley, Ga. - FFA advisors, 4-H leaders and youth groups are urged to gather their students for the 2 p.m. 4-H/FFA Ag Field Day Sept. 22 at Fort Valley State University.
The purpose of the event is to introduce middle and high school students to majors offered by FVSU’s College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology. The $5 registration fee includes a T-shirt, a meal and a ticket to the FVSU versus Benedict College football game at 6 p.m. The registration deadline is Sept.10.
Scheduled activities at Founders Hall include video gaming, football toss, corn hole toss and ladder ball. Students can also see a biofuel-making demonstration and tour FVSU’s Life on the Farm exhibition, which has animals to teach students about agriculture.
“We are combining fun activities with educational experiences that will expose students to our campus and agriculture in an enjoyable, relaxing tailgating atmosphere,” said Phillip Petway, FVSU’s 4-H extension agent, who is helping coordinate the event with Chris Corzine, the Georgia Department of Education’s central region agricultural education director.
Upcoming Events near Peach-Crawford
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.
- New Houston Co. Schools Opening